Terms and conditions
Welcome to the Houseoforange.co.uk website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website.
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that: The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you will update immediately any changes to the Personal Information by amending your account details through your account page.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Website Content and Copyright
This website and it’s contents is the copyright of Orange Lighting Ltd. All rights reserved. The accuracy of the content of houseoforange.co.uk is of paramount importance and is constantly checked.
However, if a product has an incorrect price and an order is taken, you will be notified after your order acknowledgment email has been generated and have the right to cancel with a full refund or indeed pay the balance. We reserve the right to refuse any order at any time.
Images shown on this website are either owned by Orange Lighting Ltd or permission has been granted by our suppliers to show their products. All dimensions and technical information displayed has come from the relevant manufacturer, but mistakes in uploading this information do happen so please do inform us if anything is found to be inaccurate. Orange Lighting Ltd shall not be held responsible for any mistakes in information given including any damages which may result thereof.
No information held within the website may be used for any other purpose except for the explicit purpose of buying products from Orange Lighting Ltd.
Houseoforange.co.uk is secure!
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. johnlewis.com maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.houseoforange.co.uk in your browser address window. www.houseoforange.co.uk and a small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
We will never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we will ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from us requesting this kind of information, please do not respond but let us know.
1. All orders are accepted subject to the conditions set out below and unless agreed by us in writing these conditions shall override any terms stipulated or referred to by the buyer.
2. The prices shown in the price list are applicable at the date of the order unless otherwise agreed.
3. Payment terms will be agreed at the time of order. If the buyer fails to make payment on the due date we shall be entitled (i) to withhold deliveries without prejudice to our rights and to receive all balances unpaid on all orders and (ii) to maintain an action against the buyer for payment of the full invoiced price and (iii) to recover interest from the buyer at a rate of 8% over the Bank of England official dealing rate (the base rate), accrued monthly, from the date on which the payment became due until received by us (in accordance with The Late Payment Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
4. We reserve the right to refuse cancellation of orders. Where such cancellation is accepted we shall be entitled (i) if payment has been made by the buyer to deduct any costs or expenses incurred by us in connection with the order from the amount due to the buyer on the cancellation and (ii) if payments had not been made to recover any such costs and expenses for the buyer and cancellation will be effective only when payment is received by us.
5. Any time or date named by us for delivery is given and intended as an estimate only and we shall not be liable to make good any damage or loss whether arising directly or indirectly out of delay in delivery.
6. The risk of any loss or damage to the goods while in transit shall be borne by the buyer.
7. (i) Variations in colour of the finish applied to the fitting may arise from time to time and we shall not be under any liability in respect of a variation in colour between the goods delivered and any illustration in the appropriate catalogue/website.
(ii) All measurements given in catalogues and website are approximate.
(iii) We will not be under any liability for damage or loss arising from incorrect electrical installation of our products.
(iv) Any goods proven faulty within the warranty period of the product will be replaced on a supply only basis. We shall not be held responsible for the application of the product and any costs incurred with the replacing of the fitting. Any fittings deemed to be faulty must be returned to us for testing at the expense of the buyer, before any substitution can proceed.
(v) Warranty period of a product is 1 year from date of invoice unless otherwise specified.
8. Until we have been paid in full:-
(i) The goods comprised in the contract will remain our property not withstanding that the risk therein has passed to the buyer.
(ii) We may recover the goods at any time from the buyer if the amount outstanding from the buyer on the general statement of account between us is in excess of the credit limit we are willing to accord to the buyer, and for that purpose the buyer hereby authorises us, our servants and agents, to enter upon any land or building in which the goods are situated.
(iii) If the buyer incorporates such goods into other products (with addition of his own goods or those of others) or uses such goods as materials of other products (with or without such addition), the property in those other products is upon such incorporation or use ipso facto transferred to us, the buyer is bailee of them for us and will store the same for use in a proper manner without charge to us.
(iv) The buyer has the right to dispose of the goods or such other products in the course of his business for our account and to pass good titles to the goods or products to his customer being a bona fide purchaser for value without notice of our rights but, in the event of such disposal, the buyer has the fiduciary duty to account to us for the proceeds but may retain therefrom any excess and we have the additional right to recover the buyer’s price from his customer to the extend unpaid; if we avail ourselves of such right we will account to the buyer for any such excess as aforesaid loss and any expenses incurred by us in or about the recovery.
9. Unless otherwise agreed, these conditions and the contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English Law.